Friday, December 16, 2005

Dying alone


We received shocking news today.  My paternal aunt, who lived just below us at our former house in Tondo, was discovered dead and has been decomposing for about a week now.  My brother who slept one night at our old house recalled the tell-tale smell of decay, which he thought was from a dead rat.  He screamed and cried upon realizing that it was our aunt after all.

We were never particularly close to her.  My paternal relatives are a weird lot. They’re not very close to each other, and are a bunch of recluse, one way or another.  

It is such a sad thing to happen, dying alone.  I am saddened by the fact that her death remained undiscovered if not for the smell that gave it all away.  People’s lives should not end this way.

I pray that she finds peace, wherever her spirit may be.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?